I've had a request for breakfast ideas, so here you go!
NT Style Breakfast Ideas
(Of course, all grains are soaked or soured)
Eggs & Toast
Breakfast Burritos (homemade tortillas with scrambled eggs, cheese, sour cream, salsa and avocado)
Muffins (Nourishing Traditions, page 482):
-Blueberry
-Orange Pecan
-Orange Date
-Lemon Poppyseed
-Cinnamon Apple
Scones & Honey Butter (homemade tortillas with a little sucanat mixed in, cooked in coconut oil or ghee)
Pancakes (NT, page 478)
Waffles (NT, page 480)
Omelets
Oatmeal
Soaked oats in yogurt (soak oats in yogurt 24 hours then add fruit, honey, nuts, coconut or whatever you like just before eating)
Brown Rice Cereal
Cracked Wheat
Homemade Breakfast Cereal (Eat Fat, Lose Fat, page 258)
Soaked Granola (Eat Fat, Lose Fat, page 209))
Breakfast Casserole (eggs, milk, cheese, veggies and/or meat)
Brown Rice Pudding (NT, page 554)
German Pancakes (eggs, raw milk/cream, arrowroot, soaked wheat, butter)
Potatoes & Eggs
Smoothies:
-Banana Coconut (Eat Fat, Lose Fat page 206)
-Yogurt-Coconut (Eat Fat, Lose Fat, page 205)
-Strawberry Cream
-Yogurt or Kefir & Fruit
Quick 'n' True Protein Shake (1 1/2 cups milk, 2 egg yolks, 1/4 cup molasses, 1 teas. vanilla)
I will add to this list as I think of them...
I was reading about preserving foods through fermenting--pickles, beets, sauerkraut, etc. They called for using whey (from yogurt and kefir) and it is the catalyst to preserve, rather than boiling and sealing. My question is: as I'm experimenting with making my own buttermilk, is the clear liquid at the top of that whey as well? Would that work to preserve fermented foods?
ReplyDelete