So I haven't made the Lemon Sherbert recipe since last year, and I decided to give it a go since the weather is turning so pleasant- and Wow! I'm glad I did! If you're in the mood for a refreshing, nourishing treat that is great for digestion, here is the ticket!
Lemon Sherbert
adapted from Nourishing Traditions, page 553
grated rind of 2 lemons
juice of 2 lemons
2 egg yolks
3 cups yogurt, kefir or buttermilk
1/2 cup maple syrup or honey (I used gently melted raw honey since high quality maple syrup is so expensive and hard to come by)
Place all ingredients in blender or food processor and process several minutes. Pour into an ice cream maker and process according to instructions. Consume immediately or store in plastic container in freezer for later enjoyment. YUM!
yummy! thanks for that recipe. That sounds so good.. lemons have such a delicious citrus flavor.. perfect for summer. thanks so much caralee!!! you are so awesome. I want to be like you when I grow up!! :)
ReplyDelete