Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Homemade Baby Wipes Recipe

Okay, here's a recipe that is really useful! I've been making baby wipes since my oldest son was born and have loved them ever since! I have to give the credit to Marci Roderer, who gave me my first container of homemade wipes with the recipe as a baby gift- probably one of the most useful gifts I have ever received! I have a container of them in the diaper basket in my family room, by the changing table (of course), by my bed to remove makeup when I'm tired, and I also like to keep them in the car, in the bathroom... wherever wipes come in handy! Here you go:

Materials needed:

A Rubbermaid or other plastic container with lid to hold wipes (the size of a paper towel roll cut in half)
Bounty Select-a-Size paper towels, cut in half
2 1/2 cups filtered water
1 Tbsp. baby castile soap
a few drops of your favorite soothing essential oil (Marci originally gave me wipes made with Gentle Baby essential oil blend from Young Living, which is what I prefer... but since it's nearly twice as expensive as what fits our budget, we use lavender oil instead)

1. Take one of the paper towel halves and put into a plastic container with a lid.
2. Boil the water, stir in the castile soap and drops of oil until somewhat blended.
3. Pour over paper towels in container and put let cool somewhat before sealing lid.

That's it! Enjoy your convenient homemade baby wipes!

4 comments:

  1. Caralee-
    Thanks for the post. I know you told me the recipe while we were camping, but of course I couldn't remember the details. I can't wait to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like those too! I might try them even for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do these keep for a while...? (I remember once just soaking paper towels in water, and they ended up getting brown/old smelling and I was afraid of bacteria...):) -Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. These last for quite awhile. Of course, I use them all the time so I've never set out to see how long they actually WILL last, but I've also never had a problem with them going bad in thirteen years. Maybe the castile soap and essential oils help keep them fresher longer...

    ReplyDelete